and what we believe
Who we are
Shiloh Christian School was started in 2004 as a faith-based educational option for families from Abbeville County and the surrounding area. We operate under the umbrella of Shiloh Mennonite Church, but we welcome students from many contexts and traditions. We are a part of South Carolina Association of Christian Schools (SCACS) and Grace Association of Private Schools.
We seek to teach about Jesus and His love through daily devotionals and weekly chapel services. We also have a monthly Bible Memory to teach our students to “meditate day and night” on Scripture.
With a student-teacher ratio of under 10:1, we are able to offer students the personal help they need to succeed academically.
Our teachers care not only for the academics, but also for the well-being of every student. Our staff seeks to make each child feel loved, safe, and a part of our SCS family.
Shiloh Christian School exists to assist families in equipping their children, spiritually, academically, and socially under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
What we believe
1. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
2. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His sinless miracles, in His substitution and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal future return to the earth in power and glory.
3. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
4. We believe that all humans are born with a sinful nature and are thus separated from God, and that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, a free gift given by God to those who repent and believe.
5. We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are verbally inspired by God, and that they are the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
6. We believe in a literal six-day Creation by the direct act of God as recorded in the book of Genesis.
7. We believe in the personal, imminent coming of the Lord, and that at death the unsaved enter everlasting
punishment and that the saved enter everlasting life.
8. We believe that marriage is intended by God to be the union of one man and one woman for life. The family is important in the training and nurture of a Godly generation.
9. We believe that it is the will of God for Christians to refrain from force and violence in human relations and to show Christian love to all men.